My computer is broken 😦 (hence the lack of pictures yesterday, by the way.)
I’m typing this from my mommy’s computer, so it has to be quick.
To all my commenters/questioners, never fear, the requested recipes will be up promptly. Hopefully by tonight. However, I have a feeling that this one will be needed tonight by a certain Nambler so here’s the recipe:
Coconut, kale and butternut squash curry
Serves many (I fed 12)
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 3 large carrots
- 1 bag of kale, or other green leaves
- big handful of shredded corriander (I cut it with scissors)
- 4 x 50g packets of creamed coconut (my favourite).
- 2 tbsp your favourite curry powder
- 2tsp turmeric
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 large onions (I had one red and one white)
- Mild chilli powder
- Liquid of your choice for frying (I reccomend a tbsp sunflower oil, but lemon juice should work).
- Put the butternut squash, whole, in the oven for 20 mins at 180. Just leave it there and relax. Or prep the other veggies. Put the coconut (in their packets) into a bowl of boiled water.
- Take the butternut squash out, peel and dice it. Keep the seeds if you like, they are edible.
- Heat the oil and add garlic, onions and flavourings. Fry for 5 mins.
- Add your squash, carrot and kale and fry for 2 minutes. Add the coconut and stir.
- Pour in about half a pint of hot water and stir. Cover and leave for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with corriander and serve over rice, sweet potato mash, buckwheat… Whatever you feel like 🙂
No picture, sorry. But there’s one here.
Question of the day:
Don’t you just hate it when your computer’s broken?! And will Naomi please let me know how she incorporated her tofu and if it was good? 🙂