Yesterday my post was all about the food you make when you have time stretching out in front of you to cook in. And normally, I do, and I love to spend ages cooking. Sometimes, though, you need a little convenience food.
Like today, for example. My family are all at the cinema right now and so I had to have food on the table before they left the house, so no time to, say, stand for an hour over a pot of dhal.
So here’s what we had:
Super-Fast Super-Awesome Stir Fry
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 inch of ginger, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli (or to your taste)
- 1 pak choi – this is great because it takes no time at all to chop and cook, just slice up the whole thing at once
- 1 courgette
- the rest of the veggies in your fridge you need to use up
- vegan protein – beans, tofu, etc (I used this)
- soy sauce!
- 4 servings wholewheat noodles (my favourite)
- Heat the lemon juice in a wok for a short time (short or it will burn. No more than half a minute!). Stir in the chilli, garlic and ginger.
- Stir in everything else except the noodles and soy sauce. Stir fry for 10 mins (ish).
- Drop the noodles into a pan of boiling water. Mine only take 2 minutes, so do it near the end if yours are similar.
- Stir in the noodles and the soy sauce.
What makes this one special is the lemon juice and the ginger, and the fact that it’s so damn quick! I had it on the table in under 20 mins and I had time to make an apple and raspberry crumble alongside it (which we’ll be having when everyone’s back from the cinema) plus my home-made granola. (Post on granola pending).
I wanna thank everyone who’s been commenting on my blog by the way. It’s awesome, every comment makes me soo happy! 🙂 So keep it up, if you like it.
Watch out for another post later.
Question of the day – what’s your favourite fast food? How long do you normally spend cooking your main meal?